Wednesday 10 November 2010

Whales May Round Up Squid for Dinner
March 10, 2010
web, science news for kids

http://www.sciencenewsforkids.org/articles/20100310/Note1.asp

Scientists studied the Sperm whale for quite a bit, and found out that these creatures usually herd up squid, and then eat when they desire. Scientists new that these massive creatures sometimes form communities for short periods of time, where female and young whales stay, but to them it's new that they hunt together. Sperm whales hunt and herd squid in groups of three; two of the whales circle the squid while the third swims under so none of them escape. After they let other whales eat. The whale that swims below always rotates among the three whales because it takes up a lot of the whales energy.

I think this relates to our unit,because these whales adapted to there environment and surroundings. They figured out away of hunting that functions really well for them, while the squids have no way out.

I found this article while searching for my current events. First I found another article but I liked this one much better. I enjoyed reading this article because I think the way these whales adapted is truly amazing. I agree with the scientists statement that the squid have a huge problem unless they figure out away to escape from this deathtrap.

1 comment:

  1. I liked your article Marko. I think that you combined both information, and than you thoughts about the article, which was really good. You very obviously followed Mrs. M's current events guidelines, which wasn't necessary but improved your article. Great job.

    ReplyDelete