Tuesday 1 March 2011

Earthquake safety



Earthquakes are dangerous and a lot of buildings collapse during on. Safety plans are really helpful During an earthquake. This is a safety plan for my house and the safest part's. If I was in my room during an earthquake, I would hide under my desk or my closet which is big heavy and roomy and i could fit. If I was in the living room kitchen and the part's close I would go under the dining room table. And if i was in my mom's office/study I would go under her desk which is very stable and safe.



Even if you hide it isn't always safe. First on your way to hide shelf contents may fall on you, also everything that isn't attached may fall on you including heavy bookshelves. You should attach all the bookshelves to walls and make barriers on a shelf so heavy objects don't just go flying. In my house I would move my bed, because above it there are lot's of heavy objects that can fall on me. I would also attach the shelves to the walls, and make barriers for objects so not all of them go flying.



If you survive an earthquake which is greatly possible you might be stuck under layers and layers of rubble. In this case you need a safety kit; one should contain water for 2 days, food for 2 days. a hammer and a air horn to warn rescue people and dogs that you are there.
Being stuck in rubble is dangerous and if you can't get out don't try pushing your way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment