Wednesday 27 October 2010

Animals Without Oxygen, Underwater
Stephen Ornes
Web
http://www.sciencenewsforkids.org/articles/20100428/Note2.asp

Scientists found a multicellular specie of animals the size of a grain that do not need oxygen to live.
These amazing creatures were found in the Mediterranean sea in the L’Atalante Basin were it's so salty theirs no oxygen. This is really amazing because this is the first multicellular animal that can breath without oxygen.At first scientist believed these were just dead animals. Because this is not normal seawater it does not contain oxygen. After scientists studied these animals they still can find out why they don't need oxygen.

This relates are unit about organisms and there surroundings. This specie clearly made an adaption to suit the water there living, they changed to be able to survive in a specific surrounding and habitat.

I found this article when searching for a current event. I enjoyed reading this article because I never imagined that there were animal that can live without oxygen. I chose this article because i related to the unit we are studying in class. These small animals are the first multicellular creature that can actually live without oxygen this is what truly amazed me.

3 comments:

  1. Thats so cool that it won't breath at all! I tryed that for about 30 seconds and gave up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is cool! I loved the way you spaced out your article, that made it easier to read. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, if I were a fish, I would be that one. Good Job.

    Tristan (aka T-man)

    ReplyDelete